Wednesday, February 29, 2012

We're back, folks!

I have just started a new blog called "Ask the Delphic Oracle" as part of my work for my Times of India Group column. I won't be making very many further posts on this here blog while I am doing that, and so there will be a continued blogging hiatus over here, but while I am here today, I think I will throw out a mention to "Wonder Village", a game by Digital Green. If you have a couple of minutes to spare, please do check out Wonder Village. Digital Green is a non-profit based in India that I have been doing some work for for the past few years. It is an agricultural organization to help small and marginal farmers in India. It is currently based in New Delhi.

Anyway, here is a video of the game screen.



The game was developed by a team of just four developers and two designers in a mere five months. It is, I believe, one of the first of its kind - a real-time multiplayer simulation social network game with a development economics theme. Level up and prosper!